Friday, March 5, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 5 March 2021

 Who Is He?

 

“And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.”
(Exodus 3:13-14)

 

Today’s Morsel:  “When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?(Matthew 16:13-15)  Notice if you will how Jesus turns the question to His disciples. Who do you say that I am?  It is one thing for others to give their opinion as to who He is, but who do you say that He is?  This question must be answered by you.  You must know Him for yourself as everything in your life as a Christian flows from this understanding.  If you say that you know Him, then who is He? Paul told the people on Mars Hill, “For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.(Acts 17:23)  Even today, Jesus is unknown to so many, and yet many say that they know Him.  Paul again admonishes, “But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge…” (1 Corinthians 8:6-7)  Do you know I AM?

 

Sing:  The Mighty God is Jesus, the Prince of Peace is He.  The Everlasting Father, the King Eternally.  The wonderful in wisdom, by whom all things were made.  The fullness of the Godhead in Jesus is displayed.

It’s all in Him, it’s all in Him, the fullness of the Godhead is all in Him.  It’s all in Him, it’s all in Him, the Mighty God is Jesus and it’s all in Him.

 

Thought For Today:  Jesus Christ is the wisdom of God and the power of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment