Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2 March 2021

 

Oh I Want to See Him

 

And again he entered into Capernaum after some days; and it was noised that he was in the house. And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about the door: and he preached the word unto them. And they come unto him, bringing one sick of the palsy, which was borne of four. And when they could not come nigh unto him for the press, they uncovered the roof where he was: and when they had broken it up, they let down the bed wherein the sick of the palsy lay. When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.(Mark 2:1-5)

 

Today’s Morsel:  I believe that one of the reasons people do not get anything out of a church service is that they do not go to see Jesus. I wonder how many folks do not get what they are looking for in a church service because of their wrong motives and thoughts.  The writer of Hebrews instructs us, “But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.” (Hebrews 11:6)  Mark writes that when Jesus was in Capernaum, it was noised that He was in the house.  And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about the door: and He preached the word unto them. I wonder what Jesus preached about?  Anyhow, if we seek for Him, we can find Him.  But it requires us to search for Him with all our heart.  When we go to church, we usually get out of the service what our expectation for the service is.  

 

Sing:   When in valleys low I look toward the mountain height, and behold my Savior there, leading in the fight, with a tender hand outstretched toward the valley low, guiding me, I can see as I onward go.

Oh I want to see Him, look upon His face, there to sing forever of His saving grace; on the streets of Glory let me lift my voice; cares all past, home at last, ever to rejoice.

 

Thought For Today: “For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” (Matthew 18:20)

1 comment:

  1. Nice work. Had a district preacher come not long ago with a powerful anointing. Conviction came to me as he asked what would happen if we believed Matthew 18:20...

    ReplyDelete