Thursday, March 11, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 11 March 2021

 

More About Jesus

 

“That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”
(Philippians 3:10-14)

 

Today’s Morsel:  How much do you know about Jesus?  How much time do you spend each day trying to know more about Him?  Isaiah records, “Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near. Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.” (Isaiah 55:6-7) David states, “When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.(Psalms 27:8) If we desire to know more about Jesus, then we must seek Him. Paul states, “That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.”  Paul wanted to know Him and so should we.  Paul continues with these words, “But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.(1 Corinthians 2:9)  Believe me, there is more to this than we have yet to discover.  I want to know.  And so daily I seek Him, for He said, “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For everyone that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.” (Matthew 7:7-8)  No matter how much knowledge you have of Him, seek Him for more.  And if your knowledge of Him is shallow, then seek Him for revelation as He is not a man that He should lie.

 

Sing: More about Jesus let me learn.  More about His holy will discern.  Spirit of God, my teacher be, Showing the things of Christ to me.

More, more about Jesus, more, more about Jesus.  More of His saving fulness see, More of His love who died for me.

 

Thought For Today:  The more you know, the more you grow! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment