Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 10 March 2021

 

Nearing Home

 

And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want. And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine. And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him. And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants. And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him. And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son. But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry: For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

(Luke 15:14-24)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Probably one of the longest journeys home is when one has walked away from God, and now finds themselves in the hog pen of life without anything and they are needing to come home and ask their father for help. Sometimes pride can get in the way and prevent us from coming home when we know that the answer to our problem and need is in our father's house.  But if one is to be restored, they must come home.  As the longer a person waits, the harder the road home will be.  If you have thought about coming home, you are already drawing near.  As a true repented heart often will lead us home.  Why not pick up the pace a little more today and not allow anything to prevent you from coming home back to your heavenly Father's house.  He stands at the door ready to welcome you home.  

 

Sing: Maybe this will be the last mile, maybe this will be the last trail, maybe this will be the last tear that I shed.  Maybe heaven is just a prayer away, this could be that long-awaited day; Oh, I feel it, I know that I’m nearing home.

And then those gates will open wide and I will step inside, robed in white with my harp and my crown; So, when I’m bent beneath some load of care, just remind me that I’m almost there, just remind me that I’m nearing home.

 

Thought For Today:  Heaven may be just around the corner or over the next hill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment