Monday, March 15, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 15 March 2021

 

Jesus is All the World to Me

 

But Mary stood without at the sepulchre weeping: and as she wept, she stooped down, and looked into the sepulchre, And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain. And they say unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? She saith unto them, Because they have taken away my Lord, and I know not where they have laid him. And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away. Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master. Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.(John 20:11-18)

 

Today’s Morsel:  A few weeks ago, I was able to catch a short portion of an excerpt of the ‘Chosen’ series.  The excerpt I watched dealt with Jesus casting the demons out of Mary Magdalene, after the Pharisees had tried to but were unsuccessful.  But now that she is in her right mind, Nicodemus is sent to find out how she was delivered.  When asked by Nicodemus if she knew His name, she said no.  When he asked her if she saw Him again if she would recognize Him, she said, oh yes, I could never forget Him.  Do you remember what your life was like before Jesus rescued you?  Do you remember the things that you were possessed with that He delivered you from?  How much does Jesus mean to you?  Now that you have been made whole, do you know Him when He comes near to you? Do you know Him when He speaks to you again?  One of the highlights of Moses’ final instructions to the children of Israel was, do not forget God!

 

Sing:  Jesus is all the world to me, I want no better friend.  I trust Him now, I’ll trust Him when life’s fleeting days shall end.  Beautiful life with such a friend, beautiful life that has no end.  Eternal life, eternal joy, He’s my friend.

 

Thought For Today:  Don’t forget God!

No comments:

Post a Comment