Saturday, March 6, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 6 March 2021

 

Waiting On The Lord

 

“Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” (Isaiah 40:28-31)

 

Today’s Morsel:  I have heard many people say that they are waiting on the Lord to fix their problem, to save their spouse, to change the attitude of their kids, or to change the attitude of those they work with.  But what if God is waiting on you to do something about these things?  Yes, to wait on the Lord can mean to just sit there and do nothing.  But what I have found is that while I am waiting for Him to come through for me, I need to exercise my faith and do something while I am waiting on Him.  You know, like being a good witness.  Being at church when the doors are open.  Staying faithful to Christ and His word.  Staying committed and unmovable.  And being a servant to others.  If you want to mount up with wings like eagles, then wait on the Lord.  If you are in distress, wait on the Lord.  Take me for an example.  I wait on him, and He strengthens my heart; wait on Him, and He will strengthen your heart.  You cannot be unsuccessful; fear not.  Wait, I say, on the Lord; wait for His help while you are doing His will.   Act like a Christian, hope, believe, work, and fear not. And again I say wait!

 

Sing:  Waiting on the Lord, longing to mount higher; waiting on the Lord, having great desire; waiting in the Lord for the heavenly fire; waiting in the upper room.  The power!  The power! Gives victory over sin, and purity within, the power! The power!  That Pentecostal power, waiting for that power they had at Pentecost.

 

Thought For Today: “Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.” (Psalms 27:14)

No comments:

Post a Comment