Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker 3 March 2021

 

Close To Him

 

“When Jesus had thus said, he was troubled in spirit, and testified, and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me. Then the disciples looked one on another, doubting of whom he spake. Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved. Simon Peter therefore beckoned to him, that he should ask who it should be of whom he spake. He then lying on Jesus' breast saith unto him, Lord, who is it? Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.” (John 13:21-26)

 

Today’s Morsel:  I have come to learn that the more you love someone, the closer you will draw to them.  Often, when I see a guy and girl walking holding hands, I will say to them, “I see that you two are in love.”  And then I get a smile from them and it usually opens the door for me to encourage them, and to explain to them the true meaning of love.  Scripture says, “Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved.”  I do not think Jesus had favorites.  I believe that He loved them all the same.  I think that John loved Jesus and he showed it by his closeness to Him.   Scripture says of David and Jonathan’s friendship, “And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.” (1 Samuel 18:1)  Jonathan loved David the same way that he loved his own soul.  Jesus loved His disciples the same.  Maybe if couples would learn to lean on each other bosom more, their love for one another would be stronger and their marriages would be more enriched.  Jesus has proven that He loves you and me by the example at Calvary.  Now He asked us to show ours to Him by staying away from sin and draw nigh to Him.

 

Sing: I come to the garden alone, while the dew is still on the roses, and the voice I hear, falling on my ear, the Son of God discloses.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own.  And the joy we share as we tarry there, none other has ever known.

 

Thought For Today:I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.(John 14:6)

1 comment: