Friday, March 19, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 19 March 2021

 

I Feel Like Traveling On

 

“Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. And this will we do, if God permit.” (Hebrews 6:1-3)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Scripture tells us in the book of Hebrews, “By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whether he went. By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.(Hebrews 11:8-10)  From the time Abraham was called, he looked for that city that was built by God.  God has prepared a place for us, but we must have the stamina to keep going in order to reach it.  The writer of Hebrews again informs us “Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate. Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach. For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.(Hebrews 13:12-14) Do you have the stamina to keep pressing on to that heavenly city? If you purpose in your life each day to go one more day, you will make it.

 

Sing: My heavenly home is bright and fair, I feel like traveling on.  No pain, no death can enter there, I feel like traveling on.

Yes, I feel like traveling on, I feel like traveling on.  My heavenly home is bright and fair, I feel like traveling on.

 

Thought For Today: “Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.” (2 Timothy 4:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment