Saturday, March 11, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 March 11

Life Alert

“For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.” (Psalms 91:11-16)

Today’s Morsel: I read a Life Alert advertisement the other day and it said that with Life Alert you are never alone. “Life Alert is always with me, at home and away from home. Only with Life Alert, batteries never need charging! So, you’re always protected.” When I read that ad, I thought to myself, that’s just like Jesus. The way, the truth, and the life. He is always alert to our need. He came to give us life and that more abundantly. With Jesus, we are never alone (Hebrews 13:5), whether home or away, He’s always right there. He never runs out of power, as he has all power (Matthew 28:18); and we are always protected by Him. “For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways” (Psalms 91:11) “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.” (Isaiah 41:10).  Do you need Life Alert?  Just give Jesus a call.

Sing: I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore, very deeply stained with sin, sinking to rise no more; But the Master of the sea, heard my despairing cry, from the waters lifted me, now safe am I.

Love lifted me, love lifted me, when nothing else could help, love lifted me. Love lifted me, love lifted me, when nothing else could help, love, lifted, me.


No comments:

Post a Comment