Saturday, March 4, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 March 4

The Day My Life Changed

“Then again called they the man that was blind, and said unto him, Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner. He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.” (John 9:24-25)

Today’s Morsel: What event or situation would you say that happened in your life that you realized that you needed to change? If you were to ask the apostle Peter, I’m sure he would probably say that it was the day that Jesus asked to use his boat to teach from, and then afterwards asked him to launch out into the deep for a draught and he caught so many fish that he needed others to help him. Or maybe if you were to ask the apostle Paul, he may tell you that it was on the road to Damascus arresting Christians and he was struck blind and could not see for three days, and then God gave him his sight back. I have heard folks say that they need to make changes in their lives, but they seem to have trouble trying to accomplish it. Many of them will make New Year’s Resolutions with the intent of changing, but they fizzle out before the end of January. They know they need to change, but they lack the will power and follow through to continue to completion.  If we recognize that we need to change, then we must have determination and resolve to go all the way. You see, if nothing changes, nothing changes. Jesus will help us if we seek Him for His help. The day that I realized that I needed a change in my life was the day that I heard the truth of the gospel. And when I prayed and asked Jesus to help me, He heard my cry and gave me understanding of the things that I needed to do to bring about that change. I was told to obey Acts 2:38 and my life would change. I obeyed, and my life was changed forever.  How about you?  Do you need a change in your life?  Jesus is the answer.   

Sing: What a difference You made in my life, what a difference You made in my life.  You restored all the broken parts, what a difference You made in my life.  


No comments:

Post a Comment