Friday, March 3, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 March 3

Is Jesus Enough

“The horseleach hath two daughters, crying, Give, give. There are three things that are never satisfied, yea, four things say not, It is enough: The grave; and the barren womb; the earth that is not filled with water; and the fire that saith not, It is enough.” (Proverbs 30:15-16)

Today’s Morsel: Do you ever think about what it must have felt like for Adam and Eve to be driven from the Garden of Eden by God for their disobedience? Why do you think that with every tree in the garden that was good for food, they couldn’t resist the one that God instructed them not to partake from? I know that Satan tempted Eve, the same way that he tempts us, and she ate, but when is enough, enough? Jesus is the tree of life and that tree sat right in the middle of the garden.  It had no limit on how much from it they could eat.  The other trees as well. Only the tree of the knowledge of good and evil was forbidden.  Solomon states that there are three things that are never satisfied, yea, four things say not that it is enough: The grave; and the barren womb; the earth that is not filled with water; and the fire that saith not, it is enough. Is Jesus enough for you, or are you still craving for something more? Is the world tugging at your heart telling you that there is more? When is enough, enough? Friend, if Jesus isn’t enough, you will never be content or satisfied.

Sing: My God is more than enough, He can supply all my needs, He is my El Shaddai, He always looks out for me.  Jehovah Jireh, He is my God; Jehovah Jireh, He is my God.

All of the earth is His, and the fullness thereof, everything that I need, you can be sure of.  Jehovah Jireh, He is my God; Jehovah Jireh, He is my God.

So why should I worry, ‘bout the highs and the lows, the ups and the downs; When by my faith I know, my God is more than enough, He can supply all needs, He is my El Shaddai, He always looks out for me.  Jehovah Jireh, He is my God; Jehovah Jireh, He is my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment