Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 March 8

 The Loss That Made Him Better for His Job

“But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3:7-14)

Today’s Morsel: Some folks find it hard to let go of their secular careers or jobs for the kingdom of God. They feel that if they let go and pursue ministry, they may lose out and not be able to care for themselves and their family when they are older. But doesn’t scripture tell us that the righteous shall never be forsaken? Doesn’t God promise that He will never leave us nor forsake us? Doesn’t He promise to help in a time of need? Don’t we believe that if God calls, He will provide. The apostle’s felt the same way when they stated that they had left all to follow Jesus. “Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.” (Matthew 19:27-29) Maybe you are struggling with attending church, being involved with church, or you may feel that you aren’t getting anything out of church anyway, so why devote yourself to ministry. If this is the case, then ask yourself how did I get to this point in my walk with God? Paul said that he counted those things which he had lost but dung, so that he may be found in Christ, not having his own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith. The things which Paul felt that he had lost, proved to aid him in doing a better job with preaching the gospel and seeing lives changed. When Paul committed himself to ministry, he found joy in the job he was now called to do, and he missed nothing about the past. When you are willing to forsake secular for spiritual, you do not lose, you always gain.

Sing: Jesus use me, O’ Lord don’t refuse me, for surely there’s a work that I can do. And even though its humble, Lord, help my will to crumble, though the cost be great, I’ll work for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment