Thursday, March 23, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 March 23

Why Did You Doubt

“And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?” (Matthew 14:28-31)

Today’s Morsel: Even though we are filled with the Holy Ghost, know who Jesus is, and have been baptized in His name, there can still be that little bit of apprehension that comes where we allow fear to overtake us and causes us to doubt. I often wonder how many times Peter had been out on that sea fishing, and never allowed it to faze him. Had he never been at sea where the storm had caused such massive waves and boisterous winds? Why was he now afraid of drowning? Could he not swim? What is it about large bodies of water that cause some to fear and doubt? When Jesus pulled Peter from the water, He asked him why did he doubt? What things cause you to doubt? Do you doubt God’s ability to heal when you get a bad doctor’s report? Do you doubt God’s ability to restore your loved one if they backslide? Do you doubt God’s ability to open a door for you to get a good job so you can provide for your family? Do you doubt God’s ability to make your enemies to be at peace with you? When God comes through for us for the things which we have asked Him for, we oftentimes will testify of His goodness. So why do we doubt when He delays in answering?  Why not testify before the answer comes?  Always remember, “But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.” (Hebrews 11:6)

Sing: I was sinking deep in sin far from the peaceful shore, very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more.  But the Master of the sea heard my despairing cry from the waters lifted me, now safe am I.

Love lifted me! Love lifted me! When nothing else could help, love lifted me. Love lifted me! Love lifted me! When nothing else could help, love lifted me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment