Monday, March 6, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 March 6

Where Are They Now?

“Jesus went unto the mount of Olives. And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.” (John 8:1-11)

Today’s Morsel: Do you ever sit and wonder where the people are that you once knew, maybe those you served in the military with, or someone you worked on a job with, or maybe someone you meet while visiting a foreign country? I know in my life, there have been many people that I have had the opportunity to serve with, worship with, witness with, and even worked with, but I now have no clue where many of them are today.  When Jesus asks the woman that was caught in adultery where her accusers are, she couldn’t find them. I’m sure she may have thought within herself why wan’t I stoned? Why wasn’t I recommended to be killed by this righteous man, since she probably knew that she was guilty of the infraction that was being leveled against her. But little did she know that Jesus said that His mission was to seek that which was lost. He said: “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.” (Luke 4:18-19)  You see, Jesus is a God of second chances. That’s why he is willing to forgive us of our sin. Remember, Satan is the accuser of the brethren. But Jesus came that you might have life and that more abundantly. Maybe there were those who wrote you off as no good and that you would never amount to anything. But where are they now?  Let me encourage you, when others write you off as being no good or being nothing, Jesus will write you in as something good.

Sing: He touched me, oh, oh, He touched me; and oh, the joy, that floods my soul.  Something happened, and now I know, Jesus touched me and made we whole.


No comments:

Post a Comment