Monday, March 20, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 March 20

Following The Thing That Good Is

“But mine enemies are lively, and they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied. They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries; because I follow the thing that good is.”
(Psalms 38:19-20)

Today’s Morsel: It seems that some folks today will follow after anything. They seem to give no thought and consideration to who they are following, and what the people or groups they are following even stand for. Solomon states that there is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof is the ways of death. If you have ever watched a pack of hyenas, they travel in packs, but they will so quickly turn on each other.  The Psalmist stated that his enemies are lively, strong, and they hated him wrongfully, and they that rendered him evil for good were his adversaries, because he follows the thing that good is. You see, when you follow Jesus, and His ways, there are going to be some folks that just don’t like you because of your desire to serve Christ and take a stand for righteous. Even those in your own family will sometimes hate you, calling you goody-two- shoes. But you must not allow them to deter you from seeking and following that which is good. Doing good may not be what saves you, but it sure does show your character to others. So, keep following Jesus, He has the final say.

Sing: Where He leads me, I will follow. Where He leads me, I will follow. Where He leads me, I will follow, I’ll go with Him, with Him, all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment