Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 Feb 1

 Love

“Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.” (1 John 4:7-8 )

 
Today’s Morsel:  One of the biggest fallacies in life about love is, few understand its real purpose and meaning. Love is often seen and viewed from the flesh and not through the Spirit. Most people do not associate love with God and His word, they associate it with a person or thing. They say, I love him, or I love her, or I love them, or I love it. But do we understand what love is?  Yes, we are called to love one another, and so we most associate it with the physical and not just the spiritual.  Yet love must always flow from truth. If my love for you is not through the eyes of God, which is truth, then it is going to be through the eyes of my flesh. And that may work for a moment, but after a while that is going to get old and fade away.  But if I love you according to God and His word, it is going to last forever.  As He is love. 

Sing: He knew me, yet He loved me, He who's glory makes the heavens shine.  I’m so unworthy, of such mercy, yet when He was on the cross, I was on His mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment