Thursday, February 23, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 Feb 23

 Prosperity

“Though thy beginning was small, yet thy latter end should greatly increase.” (Job 8:7)

Today’s Morsel: I can remember when I first went into the army, my base pay was only $115 a month. But because I remained with the same company for many years, my end state was much greater. The same is true in the church. When we first come to know God, we are all dealt the measure of faith.  And the more we walk with God and do His will, our faith end state is going to be so much greater.  Abraham left home, from what we can tell with just himself, Sarah, and Lot. Maybe a donkey or some livestock. But we see the blessings of God flowing to him. And scripture tell us: “And Abraham was old, and well stricken in age: and the LORD had blessed Abraham in all things.” (Genesis 24:1) When Abraham sent his servant to find Isaac, his son, a wife from among his people scripture says, that Abraham’s servant told Abraham’s brother: “And he said, I am Abraham's servant. And the LORD hath blessed my master greatly; and he is become great: and he hath given him flocks, and herds, and silver, and gold, and menservants, and maidservants, and camels, and asses.” (Genesis 24:34-35) Notice, the Lord hath blessed him greatly. From little in the start to greatness in the end. Paul states: “But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.” (1 Corinthians 2:9) Let me encourage you, your beginning in Christ may seem small. But continue on and hang in there and you will be greater in the latter end. As we see with Job: “So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses. He had also seven sons and three daughters. And he called the name of the first, Jemima; and the name of the second, Kezia; and the name of the third, Kerenhappuch. And in all the land were no women found so fair as the daughters of Job: and their father gave them inheritance among their brethren. After this lived Job an hundred and forty years, and saw his sons, and his sons' sons, even four generations. So Job died, being old and full of days.” (Job 42:12-17)

Sing: I know the Lord will make a way for me. I know the Lord will make a way for me. If I live a holy life, shun the wrong, and do the right; I know that Lord will make a way for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment