Thursday, February 16, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 Feb 16

 God Is My Strength 

“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” (Psalms 46:1)

Today’s Morsel: How strong is your faith in the Lord and His ways? Do you have wisdom, knowledge, and understanding of Him? As Christians, our strength is found in the Lord and His Word. Isaiah states: “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.” (Isaiah 12:2); “He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.” (Isaiah 40:29) Notice if you have no power, God will give you power. “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” (Luke 10:19) The reason that David was not afraid of Goliath was because he knew that Goliath had no power over him. Scripture states: “Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou? Whoso keepeth the commandment shall feel no evil thing: and a wise man's heart discerneth both time and judgment.” (Ecclesiastes 8:4-5) Are you praying for strength? Do you feel weak and without power? “Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands, Paul said, For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” (2 Timothy 1:6-7) You don’t need to pray for strength if you have the Holy Ghost. You already have more power and strength than you know or will ever need.  Keep your strength, the Holy Ghost within you, stirred up.

Sing: He gives strength to me, as I worship Him, as my heart is filled with praise. Jesus breaks the bands when I raise my hands, He gives glorious victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment