Saturday, February 18, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 Feb 18

 Who Are Your Influencers?

“I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day; Greatly desiring to see thee, being mindful of thy tears, that I may be filled with joy; When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.”
(2 Timothy 1:3-5)

Today’s Morsel: Who’s influencing you to follow Jesus? Who’s mentoring you to keep in you the straight and narrow pathway? Are the people you are following causing you to be more like Christ or more like the world? Have any of them tried to get you to do the things in the world more than be involved in the things in the church? Have they tried to get you to compromise on your walk, holy living, and ministry? Paul told the church at Galatia: “Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.” (Galatians 5:1-4) There were those who were trying to get them to follow things that were no longer required, and Paul wanted them to understand that. “Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God, he said? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.” (1 Corinthians 6:9-12) Don’t think that you can make it to heaven living worldly and doing worldly things. You must be holy as He is Holy (1 Peter 1:16). Who’s influencing you?

Sing: Lord, I can’t even walk without You holding my hand, You see the mountain's too high and the valley's too wide.  Down on my knees, that’s where I learn to stand, and I can’t even walk without You holding my hand.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment