Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 Feb 22

 The Cup of Salvation

“What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.” (Psalms 116:12-13)

Today’s Morsel:  In writing to the church at Corinth, Paul states: “For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.” (1 Corinthians 11:23-26)  He said that Jesus took the cup, and that when he had supped, he said this cup is the New Testament in my blood.  In other words, this is the new covenant that I will make with you. For without the shedding of blood there is not remission of sin. If you are looking to be saved, then you must take the cup of salvation and call upon the Lord. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, said Paul, shall be saved (Romans 1o: 13). You must drink of this cup. This cup represents death. Death to self. This cup represents rejection.  Being able to withstand rejection and to be misunderstood. That cup represents loneliness. Sometimes you may find yourself being all lone with no one to help or talk to. This cup represents the way, the truth, and the life. This cup is all about Jesus. Have you partaken of the cup of salvation? “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12)

Sing: The blood that Jesus shed for me, way back on Calvary, it’s the blood that gives me  strength from day to day, it shall never lose its power. For it reaches to the highest mountain, and it flows to the lowest valley,  it is the blood, that gives me strength, from day to day, it will never lose its power. 

No comments:

Post a Comment