Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 Feb 15

 Your Life

“Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.” (James 4:14)

Today’s Morsel: Each day I evaluate myself and realize that life is short. It’s not as long as it may seem. Scripture says: “For all our days are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our years as a tale that is told. The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away. Who knoweth the power of thine anger? even according to thy fear, so is thy wrath. So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.” (Psalms 90:9-12) I have surpassed the threescore and ten and understand that tomorrow is not promised. Therefore, I have no time to waste ensuring that my life is well pleasing unto Christ. Jesus told the story of the man whose crop brought forth plenty. He said: “And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.” (Luke 12:16-21) James says that this life is just a vapor. Poof and it’s gone. How will you finish? Will you finish well, or will you be found lacking?  I want to hear Him say, “Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Sing: I’m gonna be gone in the twinkling of an eye, I’m gonna be gone, won’t have time to say goodbye. I’m gonna be gone, I’m gonna be gone, I’m gonna be gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment