Thursday, February 2, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 Feb 2

 Groundhog’s Day

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD and depart from evil.” (Proverbs 3:5-7)

Today’s Morsel: Today, millions will glue themselves to the television and internet to see if Punxsutawney Pete (a Ground Hog) will see his shadow.  Some believe that if he sees his shadow there will be another six weeks of winter weather. I do believe that animals have an instinct within them that let them know that danger is nearing, but I don’t believe they have the instinct to predict the weather. Only God has that. As he asked Job: “Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail, Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war?” (Job 38:22-23) Solomon tells us that we must not lean unto our own understanding. We must learn to trust in the Lord with all our heart. If we get to a place in our lives that we trust man and animals over God, we are heading for some serious trouble.

Sing: I trust in God, wherever I maybe, upon the land or on the roaring seas.  For come what may, from day to day, my Heavenly Father watches over, over me.

And I trust in God, I know He cares for me, upon the mountain bleak or out on the raging seas.  For come what may, from day to day, my Heavenly Father watches over, over me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment