Saturday, February 25, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 Feb 25

 My Request

“Oh that I might have my request; and that God would grant me the thing that I long for!” (Job 6:8)

Today’s Morsel: If you could have anything from God that you wanted, what would be your request? It has been stated that most people would not request for immediate heaven. And that most folks would request health, finances, a spouse, home, car, or something tangible. While Job was enduring his pain and hardship, he said, “Oh that I might have my request; and that God would grant me the thing that I long for!” Job, too, would have probably requested relief from his pain. Suffering and sickness in this flesh can sometime cause us to request things such as healing because we would like to be pain free in this flesh. The king even asked Esther what her request was. I wonder why she delayed in asking. I wondered how many more Jews died because she delayed in her request. What is your request of God today? Jesus said that we have not because we ask not.

Sing: Walk with me, Lord, walk with me. Walk with me, Lord, walk with me.  While I’m on this tedious journey, I want Jesus to walk with me.

Hold my hand Lord, Hold my hand. Hold my hand Lord, hold my hand.  While I’m on this tedious journey, I want Jesus to hold my hand.

Be my guide, Lord, be my guide. Be my guide, Lord, be my guide. While I’m on this tedious journey, I want Jesus to be my guide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment