Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 4 February 2020


Who’s On Your Side?

The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? The LORD taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes.(Psalms 118:6-9)

Today’s Morsel: When we were kids and we wanted to play ball or some type of sports, we always looked for the kids that seemed to have it all together and knew something about the game or sport to be on our team. Yet there were times when we would choose someone based on their outward stature, but because of their inward evil attitude and bad behavior, we would lose the game.  The psalmist said that the Lord was on his side.  Wouldn’t it be neat if all people would choose Jesus to be on their side?  Think about it.  The One that knows everything about the game of life.  The One that knows all the rules and regulations.  The One that isn’t afraid to stand up for right or wrong.  The One who will call the right play to win the game in the last second. Who’s on your side?  If I were you, I’d take Jesus every time and allow Him to choose who He wants on the team.

Sing:  He chose me! He chose me!  Out of all the people in this world.  He chose me!  He chose me! And He can use me, till He uses me up.

Thought For Today:  “Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.” (John 15:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment