Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 11 February 2020


“And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou” (Genesis 3:8-9)?

Today’s Morsel:  In 1974, the U.S. instituted a countrywide speed limit of 55 Mile Per Hour, on its major highways.  This implementation ushered in what was a wave of sales of the Citizen Band Radio (CB) which prior to this time was used only by major truckers. Its purchases were to help drivers increase their speed and avoid a traffic ticket for speeding by the police.  They would contact other drivers over their radios asking if they had seen any police.  And if so, where?  This radio also became a tool for aiding in emergencies and communicating with others, which I believe also help ushered in the cell phone.  The Bible says that when Adam and Eve sinned in the garden, that they heard the voice of God and hid from Him.  God called for them, but they were afraid to answer because they knew that they had done wrong.  I believe that if Adam and Eve had obeyed the given warning by God, the world wouldn’t have so many people speeding through life heading for destruction.  One of the things about speeding is you sure miss some beautiful sights. Slow down, the life you save may be your very own.

Sing: When He calls, me I will answer. When He calls, me I will hear.  When He calls, me I will answer, I’ll be somewhere listening for my name.
Thought For Today: Slow down, the life you save may be your very own (Parker).

No comments:

Post a Comment