Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 18 February 2020


Self- Ignorance

This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart”  (Ephesians 4:17-18)

Today’s Morsel:  When I usually see a word or phrase that begins with the word ‘self’, I stop and take a closer look at the meaning and what it is trying to get me to see.  In today’s manna, the title is self-ignorance.  So I ask myself, "Am I stupid or without knowledge of myself?"  Do I really know me or am I ignorant to me?  To be ignorant is to lack knowledge, education, or awareness of something.  It is to be unaware or uninformed.  Those two words are scary in themselves. To think that I am not aware or maybe uninformed about me is frightening to me.  What are my hidden sins?  What are my idiosyncrasies?  What are my bad habits?  Am I like an old refrigerator that can’t keep anything?  Do I think I’m saved because my parents dedicated me to Jesus as a baby?  Self-ignorance of one’s self can cause them to mislead and deceive others.  It can result in deterioration in one’s life.  It can manifest itself in a false self-confidence and cause you to retain sin in your life.  However, Paul said that the biggest problem with self-ignorance is that it alienates from the life of God because it blinds your heart.

Sing: I know who I am, I know who I am, I know who I am I am Yours, I am Yours.  I know who I am, I know who I am, I know who I am I am Yours, I am Yours.  And You are mine, Jesus You are mine, You are mine Jesus You are mine.
I was running and You found me.  I was blinded and You gave me sight.  You put a song of praise in me.
I was broken and You healed me.  I was dying, and You gave me life.  Lord, You are my identity. And I know, I know, I know who I am, I know who I am, I know who I am I am Yours, I am Yours.  I know who I am, I know who I am, I know who I am I am Yours, I am Yours.  And You are mine Jesus You are mine, You are mine Jesus You are mine. (Israel and New Breed)

Thought For Today: You can only fix stupid by the word of God (Parker)


No comments:

Post a Comment