Monday, February 3, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 3 February 2020


Counselors

Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counsellors.(Psalms 119:24)

Today’s Morsel:  As a young nineteen-year-old sergeant in the Army, I quickly learned that one of my duties was to serve as a counselor for those soldiers under me.  And I think the Army help to prepare me for what God would have me to do in ministry.  The role of a counselor is to assist people by helping them to either stay on the right path or help to get them on to it.  The Psalmist stated that the testimonies of the Lord were his delight and his counselors.  According to the Apostle Paul, the Gospel is the whole counsel of God relating to salvation; in Christ, who is the wonderful Counsellor (Isaiah 9:6), and it gives advice to saints and sinners alike.  The whole word of God may be profitably consulted on every occasion and in every circumstance in which a child of God may need counsel.  As the apostle Paul informed Timothy, “All the scriptures, being divinely inspired, is profitable for doctrine, reproof, for correction, and instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.(2 Timothy 3:16-17)  David said that the testimonies of the Lord are sure making wise the simple.  Who do you go to when you need advice?  Hopefully, you go to someone grounded in the word of God.  

Sing:  Where do I go when there’s nobody else to turn to?  Who do I turn to when nobody wants to listen?  Who do I lean on when there's no foundation stable?  I go to the Rock, I know He's able, I go to the Rock.  
I go to the Rock  of my salvation, I go to the stone that the builders rejected, I run to the mountain and the mountain stands by me.  When the earth all around me is sinking sand, on Christ the solid Rock I stand; When I need a shelter, when I need a friend, I go the Rock.

Thought For Today: “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”(Isaiah 9:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment