Thursday, February 27, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 27 February 2020


A Call To Leadership


Today’s Morsel:  One of the most important things you must learn in the church is when God is calling you to spiritual leadership.  Christian leadership must not be of men’s calling and choosing, but God’s.  This is God’s church and His work, and He knows who He desires to lead it.  When God calls you, you must make the choice just as the apostles did whether to continue on in your current life or to let go and follow His calling.  Abraham was told to leave all.  He left and God blessed and used him mightily.  The Bible says that many are called but few are chosen.  What will take you from being called of God to be chosen by God, is the earnest of your preparation.  When God calls you, there is a preparation process that you must go through.  Self-development must be enacted in your life.  A desire to know God on a personal level and basis must be sought after.  A life of devotion, prayer, fasting, and commitment to His word must become paramount. Your calling is like a delicate piece of crystal and must not be dropped nor avoided.  You must not be like Jonah and run.  God calls you because He sees something He can use in you for His kingdom.  When Paul was called by God on the road to Damascus, he said, “Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.” And Paul would later tell Timothy, “And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.”(1 Timothy 1:12-13)   Is God calling you to spiritual leadership?  Have you asked Him what He would have you do in the Kingdom? The call of God must trump every other career.

Sing:  Jesus use me, O’ Lord don’t refuse me, for surely there’s a work that I can do.  Even though it’s humble, Lord help my will to crumble, though the cost be great I’ll work for You.

 Thought For Today: The call of God must trump every other career.

No comments:

Post a Comment