Friday, February 21, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 21 February 2020


Heart Difficulties
Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years. Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.) Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.(Hebrews 3:7-13)

Today’s Morsel: When I go in to renew my driver’s licenses, they always ask me if I want to be an organ donor?  I always ask myself, if someone got my heart would it cause them to be more like Jesus?  If they got my eyes would they be able to see the things that I see in scripture?  In today’s medical realm, they can do all kinds of transplants.  And one of the major ones is that of the heart.  But it is a very difficult procedure because it is the center of life.  A person must die in order to get a new heart.  But when Scripture speaks of the heart it is referring to the mind, the center of intellect and reasoning.  Why are there so many people who are having heart difficulties?  Why are so many troubled in their mind?  The answer is that we allow to much junk to go into it.  With all the cell phone usage, television watching, FaceBook and Google searching our minds are inundated with stuff.  Some good but mostly bad. And most people do not have the Spirit to filter what they allow in.  The writer of Hebrews tells us to be alert that we do not get an evil heart.  If we allow our hearts to become evil, then we can be sure that we will have heart difficulties and sooner or later we will need a transplant.  The only heart doctor you will find that can do this transplant will be Jesus.

Sing:  Create in me a clean heart, O’ God, and renew a right spirit within me.  Create in me a clean heart, O’ God, and renew a right spirit within me.  Cast me not away from Thy presence O’ Lord; take not Thou Holy Spirit from me.  Restore unto me, the joy of Thou salvation, and renew a right spirit within me.

Thought For Today: Keep an eye on your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment