Thursday, February 20, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 20 February 2020


Straight Talk To Sinners
“And Saul said, Bring hither a burnt offering to me, and peace offerings. And he offered the burnt offering. And it came to pass, that as soon as he had made an end of offering the burnt offering, behold, Samuel came; and Saul went out to meet him, that he might salute him. And Samuel said, What hast thou done? And Saul said, Because I saw that the people were scattered from me, and that thou camest not within the days appointed, and that the Philistines gathered themselves together at Michmash; Therefore said I, The Philistines will come down now upon me to Gilgal, and I have not made supplication unto the LORD: I forced myself therefore, and offered a burnt offering. And Samuel said to Saul, Thou hast done foolishly: thou hast not kept the commandment of the LORD thy God, which he commanded thee: for now would the LORD have established thy kingdom upon Israel for ever.
(1 Samuel 13:9-13)

Today’s Morsel:  The media has always tried to portray the church and Christianity as being uncaring and mean-spirited.  But what some fail to realize is that the church is not mean but caring.  I will agree that not everyone and every church is, but those that I know are.   Peter says that God is long-suffering, not willing that any should perish, yet long-suffering is someday going to run out.  As a matter of fact, Solomon states, “He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.” (Proverbs 29:1)  If those we keep trying to help continue to reject help, it’s soon going to cease.  When King Saul disobeyed God’s command, the prophet Samuel told him, "Thou hast done foolishly and that he had not kept the commandment of the LORD his God, which God commanded him."  For now, he said, God would have established his kingdom upon Israel forever.   I don’t know what God has planned for you in your life.  But if you refuse to do His commandments, it will never happen.

Sing: Aren’t you getting just a bit tired of fooling around?  You try to laugh your way through life, but you’re not gaining ground.  Why not try the Lord today, just ask Him in your heart to stay.  You’ll find Jesus' love to be the greatest thing that you’ve ever found.

Jesus got ahold of my life and He won’t let me go.  Jesus got into my heart He got into my soul.  I used to be oh so sad, but now I’m happy, free and glad; cause Jesus got ahold of my life and He won’t let me go.

Thought For Today: Do the right thing and God will bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment