Saturday, June 1, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 June 1

 Dealing With Pain 

“Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.” (Isaiah 53:4-5)

 

Today’s Morsel: What is it about pain that causes our flesh to ache and bring us to a stop? Aches and pain are our flesh’s way of telling us that something is not right. It is a member of the body that is screaming out for help. Whether internal or external, that member is going through something that it cannot deal with. The doctor may prescribe a medication to help us ease the ache and pain, yet that may not alleviate the ache and pain. Only Jesus can do that. And sometimes, like Paul, we may pray and ask God to take it away, and we get the answer which Paul got. “And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” God may have a greater purpose for what we are dealing with. Yes, we want immediate relief, but we may have to endure with it to the end. It does not mean that God doesn’t care. God may be developing our patience and resilience through it for the battle which we are going to face ahead.  Don’t lose heart in your pain. Become as Paul when he said: “Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.” (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)

 

Sing: I’m learn how to lean and depend on Jesus. He’s my friend, He’s my God. I’m learning how to lean, and depend on Jesus, I found out, if I trust Him, He will provide.

 

Thought For Today: Hold on, change is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment