Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 June 12

Are You Willing To Go All The Way?

 

“Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me. And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.” (Matthew 26:38-39)

 

Today’s Morsel: The determining factor whether you will make it to heaven or not is your mindset. As Paul told the church Colossi: “If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.” (Colossians 3:1-4) If you have already obeyed Peter’s instructions from the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2:38), now it becomes a mindset if you will make it to heaven of not. I know that there will be many things that will try to impede you and prevent you from getting there, but you must purpose to not allow those things to stop you. You must get to the point of nevertheless, and let the chips fall where they may, and not allow anything to separate you from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Are you willing to go all the way? As the writer of Hebrews admonishes us: “Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.” (Hebrews 10:38-39) You can go back if you want to, but not me. I’m going all the way to the end. Daily I see how good God has truly been to me. And I have been diagnosed with H.I. V. - Heaven IView. (humor) 

 

Sing: Well, I’m going through, yes, I’m going through; I’ll pay the price no matter what others may do. I’ll take the way, with the Lord’s despised few. I started out with Jesus and I’m going through.

 

Thought For Today: What’s in hell that you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment