Friday, May 31, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 May 31

Trust In God

 

“Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)

 

Today’s Morsel: One of the attributes of faith is that of trust. Because God cannot be seen with the eye, we must take Him at His word. With the patriarchs of old, God talked with them face to face. But now God speaks to us through His Son, His Word and by His Spirit. When we trust someone, that means that we are relying on them to do what they said that they will do. As Moses told the children of Israel when they were about to enter the promised land: “And the LORD, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.” (Deuteronomy 31:8) This was a promise that they had to believe would happen. This same promise is for you and me. But do we believe it? Solomon admonished us, “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”  God will work on your behalf if you let Him. And that begins with you trusting Him to do what He says, and by you doing what is word tells you to do.

 

Sing: I trust in God, wherever I may be, upon the land, or on the raging seas. For come what may, from day to day, my heavenly Father watches over, over, me.

I trust in God; I know He cares for me. Upon the land, or on the stormy sea. Though billows roll, He keeps my soul. My heavenly father watches over, over, me.

 

Thought For Today“Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.” (Psalms 37:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment