Thursday, June 20, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 June 20

O’ NO

 

“Now it came to pass, when Sanballat, and Tobiah, and Geshem the Arabian, and the rest of our enemies, heard that I had builded the wall, and that there was no breach left therein; (though at that time I had not set up the doors upon the gates;) That Sanballat and Geshem sent unto me, saying, Come, let us meet together in some one of the villages in the plain of Ono. But they thought to do me mischief. And I sent messengers unto them, saying, I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down: why should the work cease, whilst I leave it, and come down to you? Yet they sent unto me four times after this sort; and I answered them after the same manner.” (Nehemiah 6:1-4)

 

Today’s Morsel: Don’t you just love it when you are trying to do a work for the Lord, have great ideas, and just when you are ready to implement them, the naysayers show up? They say things like, “Man you are crazy, that is going to cost a lot”; “Are you sure you heard from God?” “Man, I don’t know if I would be going to those places or not.” And you find yourself like Nehemiah, trying to build the wall, but you must deal with your foes who’s trying to stop you from fulfilling your vision, goals, and calling. Nehemiah said that they sent to him four times trying to get him to meet with them in ONO, to talk with them. But he knew that they meant him harm. And so, four times he told them, I don’t have time to come down because I am doing a great work. You know, it may not seem harmful by their words, but once they gets you off course of what you are doing, it will be hard to get back to work. You know, when the enemy tries to tell you that living holy and modest in this world today is hard and a waste of time, tell him, O’NO, you are deceiving me devil. I know that without holiness shall no man see the Lord (Hebrews 12:14). When he calls you and says, Jesus turned the water into wine, come on let’s have a drink like old times. Tell him, O’NO, I know that the drunkard shall not inherit the kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9-10). And when he tells you, Come on down and let’s party like we did back in 1969. Tell him O’NO, I am risen to walk in newness of life (Romans 6:1-5). Jesus said, see that no man deceives you. If you are in Christ, you have the best thing going. There is nothing in this world that can replace what God has given you. So, don’t let other deceive you.  Just say O’NO!

 

Sing: I’ve got a made-up mind, I’ve got a final destination, I’m gonna keep on pressing on, to my final destination, gonna burn all the bridges behind me, break all the ties that bind me; I’m gonna keep on pressing on, till I reach my home sweet home, that new Jerusalem.  

 

Thought For Today: “My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.” (Proverbs 1:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment