Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 Jun 19

Truth

 

“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:31-32)

 

Today’s Morsel: In the religious realm, we hear folks say, “They have the truth.” Why others say, “They are living in false doctrine.” Shouldn’t everyone that says that they are born-again, and know Jesus, be living, walking, and loving truth? Since Jesus is the way, truth, and life. (John 14:6) Shouldn’t this be a part of their persona? If the Word of God is Truth (John 17:17), and the Word became flesh, which was full of grace and truth (John 1:14), and if we continue in His Word, which gives us an understanding of the truth, and the truth, which is the Word, shall make us free (John 8:31-32), then why are so many that say that they know Jesus, and are born again, living in gloom, despair, and agony; with deep dark depression with excessive misery? Truth doesn’t hold you hostage and cause you to feel hopeless and fearful. Truth makes you free so that you can be a representation of the one that freed you. Jesus Christ!

 

Sing: Once like a bird in prison I dwelt, no freedom from my sorrow I felt. But Jesus came and listened to me, and glory to God, He made me free.

He made me free, yes, He made me free; He broke the bars of prison for me. I’m glory bound my Jesus to see; glory to God, He made me free. 

 

Thought For Today: “For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone. Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore.” (Psalms 86:10-12)

No comments:

Post a Comment