Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 June 5

Ask!

 

“If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.” (James 1:5)

 

Today’s Morsel: How many of you have been sitting in a church gathering or in a meeting and at the end, folks are asked, “Does anyone have any questions?” And no questions are asked. But as soon as the gathering or the meeting is dismissed, someone walks up to you and asks you a question about the topic that was just discussed? Yet you were not the instructor. I always try to tell them, in a loving way, go ask the instructor.  James said, “If any of you lack wisdom,” in other words, if you don’t understand what God is saying to you through His word, ask God to show you. Jesus said, “And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.” (Luke 11:9-10) God won’t leave you hanging. He will give you the answer you seek for, either in prayer, through His word, through His minister, or through some other means. But He will answer you if you ask. Someone said that the reason the children of Israel wandered for forty years in the wilderness was because they would not stop and ask for directions (Humor).  Ask and you will get your answer.  

 

Sing: Hear my cry, oh God, attend unto my prayer; from the end of the earth will cry unto Thee. And when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the Rock, that is higher than I, so much higher than I. 

For Thou hast been a shelter unto me, and strong tower from my enemy. And when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the Rock, that is higher than I, so much higher than I. 

 

Thought For Today: “And David enquired at the LORD, saying, Shall I pursue after this troop? shall I overtake them? And he answered him, Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all.” 

(1 Samuel 30:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment