Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 February 13

Be Ye Holy

 

“But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.” (1 Peter 1:15-16)

 

Today’s Morsel: A lot of folks in the church struggle with holiness because they do not know what it really is. Holiness means to be set apart. To be separate from the world and consecrated unto God. Some folks think that holiness is what you wear. When in truth, holiness is who you are. It is God’s character being developed in your life. Holiness is a desire and commitment to be like Christ, in all manner of actions, conduct, and behavior. Paul said that the will of God is that we know how to possess this vessel in which we live in honor.  You see, when you are set apart for a special purpose and cause, you don’t allow anything to get close or come into your life that may render you unusable. So, you must ask yourself, do I want to be like Christ? If you do, then you must learn to love the things that He loves and hate the things that He hates. If you are not willing to do that, then the likelihood of you becoming holy will never happen. But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation.

 

Sing: Holiness, Holiness, is what I long for. Holiness is what I need. Holiness, Holiness, is what I long for, holiness is what I need. So, take my heart and mold it; take my mind and transform it; take my will, and conform it, to Yours, to Yours, oh, Lord.

 

Thought For Today: Holiness begins with a sincere heart to change!

1 comment: