Monday, February 5, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 February 5

Knitted In Love

 

“For I would that ye knew what great conflict I have for you, and for them at Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh; That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.” (Colossians 2:1-3)

 

Today’s Morsel: During our morning devotions, my wife sits and knits slippers, dishrags, and dish scrubs. while I read the scriptures and devotion. She has done this for many, many years now.  These items are knitted together with love, and gifted to our children and grandchildren, and friends.  And now, two of our granddaughters have asked her to teach them how to knit as well, so the tradition will be carried on. Paul told the church at Colossi that he wanted them to know what great conflict he had for them, and for them at Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh; That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God. What does it mean to be knitted together in love? Just as many pieces of fabric are knit together to form a single garment, or item, God’s people ought to be knitted together by their love because God is one, making us one in Him. Love for God and others ought to bring us together as God is not divided. As Paul told the church at Ephesus: “There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.” (Ephesians 4:4-6) Remember, we are one body.

 

Sing: Draw me close to you, never let me go.  I lay it all down again, to hear you say that I’m friend. You are my desire, no one else will do, because nothing can take your place to feel the warmth of Your embrace.  Help me find the way, bring me back to You.

You’re all I want. You’re all I’ve ever needed. You’re all I want; help me know You are near.

 

Thought For Today: Stay knitted to Jesus by your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment