Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 February 20

I’m Going Through

 

“And the LORD said, I have pardoned according to thy word: But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the LORD. Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice; Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it: But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it.” (Numbers 14:20-24)

 

Today’s Morsel: From the time that the Lord sent Moses in to lead the children of Israel out of bondage, Joshua, and Caleb set their hearts on what God had said and had promised. They were not about to allow anything to deter them from reaching their goal. Yet many complained and murmured, and they died in the wilderness without obtaining the promise. The writer of Hebrews said of them: “For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.” (Hebrews 4:2) Anytime we hear God’s word we should mix it with our faith so that it will come to fruition. The Lord told Moses, But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it. From the time you are saved, your focus ought to be on the promise that God has gone to prepare for you. You must change your attitude, or you will miss the promise. 

 

Sing: Well, I’m going through, yes, I’m going through, I’ll pay the price no matter what others do. I’ll take the way with the Lord’s despised few.  I started out with Jesus and I’m going through. 


Thought For Today: Heaven is just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment