Thursday, February 15, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 February 15

Faith That Worketh by Love

 

“For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.” (Galatians 5:6)

 

Today’s Morsel: I’m sure that most of you have heard the adages that it takes two to tango, and that two are better than one, and that if one falls the other can help him up. We often classify good friends as two peas in a pod. There’s just something about two. Paul informed the church at Galatia that faith worketh by love. In other words, when you see faith in operation in a person’s life, you will find that love is behind it and pushing it. As he told the church at Cornith: “And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.” (1 Corinthians 13:13) If we do not have a sincere love for God and the things of God, our faith will have nothing to encourage it and to help it do what it is supposed to do.  It will be weak and die. So, allow love to help you build up yourself on your most holy faith.

 

Sing: I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore, very deeply stained within sinking to rise no more. But the Master of the sea heard my despairing cry, from the waters lifted me, now safe am I.

Love lifted me. Love lifted me. When nothing else could help, love lifted me. Love lifted me. Love lifted me. When nothing else could help, love lifted me.

 

Thought For Today: What’s pushing your faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment