Friday, July 5, 2013

2013 July 6 - Morning Manna

And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing. (2 Corinthians 12:7-11)
 
 Today's Morsel: Probably one of the greats football games I've ever watched was a game in the 80's between the Miami Dolphins and the San Diego Chargers. Tight End, Kellen Winslow was injured in that game, but he kept playing through the pain he suffered.  The more his coaches wanted to keep him out, the more he wanted to be in.  And so they let him play even with his pain and suffering.  There is something in all of us that when we truly love the game we will make ourselves do things that we wouldn't do otherwise.  When we are passionate about certain things, it's amazing what we will make our body do to be a part and continue on.  The apostle Paul was passionate about the things of God and he was willing to make his body do things even in pain.  He said, "I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake."  What about you?  Are you willing to endure in your pain for Jesus? Will you continue to serve Him with your whole heart and all your strength regardless of the pain you may be suffering?  Always remember, pain is just weakness leaving the body.
 
Sing:  No tears in heaven, no crying in glory, all of God's children will be happy over there; No pain or sorrow, no more worrying about tomorrow, no tears in heaven for you and me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment