Tuesday, July 30, 2013

2013 July 30 - Morning Manna

Therefore I write these things being absent, lest being present I should use sharpness, according to the power which the Lord hath given me to edification, and not to destruction. Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you. Greet one another with an holy kiss. All the saints salute you. The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. (2 Corinthians 13:10-14)
 
Today's Morsel: When is the last time you've written a letter to someone like you used to when you were young and in school? You know it seems that the more we move toward the cyberspace and social media, the more we have lost the touch of staying in touch. We don't seem to talk and communicate any more. My wife, though, is good about staying in touch with people. She sends cards, notes, and letters to people all the time. And every so often she will receive a letter back from some of the older, more senior people that she writes to. At Christmas she sends out hundreds of Christmas cards and may get only a few back. She always tell me she doesn't send cards out to get cards back, but to let others know that there is still someone who cares. The apostle Paul seems to be a man who stayed in touched and communicated with others. He stayed connected with those he labored with. As I write this, I'm repenting for not writing more to those whom I know. Even families don't communicate anymore. We never know what a card, note or letter may do for someone. So let's not lose this precious gift. You just may heal someone of loneliness, depression, or even a suicidal attempt. The golden rule is to do unto others as you would have them do unto you (Matthew 7:12). Our song today is what we use to sing during the war in Viet Nam.
Sing: I'll be so glad, when mail call time comes around.(2x) I gonna sit, right down, on the cold and wet and muddy ground, and I'm gonna wake up in the morning with mail call time on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment