Tuesday, July 2, 2013

2013 July 2 - Morning Manna

And when he was come into the ship, he that had been possessed with the devil prayed him that he might be with him. Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him,  Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee. (Mark 5:18-19)
 
Today's Morsel: I have noticed that even though the church is persecuted for her stand for morality and righteous, she still has great compassion for the lost and hurting.  When disaster, death, tragedy, or calamities strike, the church immediately rises up and heads to help the cause.  The church still has the answer to the world's problems today even though many do not want her help.  When Jesus cast the demons out of the Gaderene, he wanted to go with Jesus, but Jesus told him to go tell his friends the great things the Lord had done for him and how He had had compassion on him.  Jeremiah said "Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall. My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me. This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness"(Lamentations 3:19-23).  If you aren't telling others what great things Jesus is doing and has done for you, then maybe you do not value His compassion.
 
Sing: He knew me, and yet He loved me, He whose Glory makes the heavens shine; I'm so unworthy, of such mercy, yet when He was on the cross, I was on His mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment