Saturday, July 20, 2013

2013 July 20 - Morning Manna

Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways. (Haggai 1:7)
 
Today's Morsel: When is the last time you sat down and considered your ways? Have you stopped to evaluate your actions to see if they are affecting someone else? Are the things you are doing, your mannerism, and your actions affecting others? Would you say that God is well pleased with you? The reason Jesus calls for us to consider our ways is because it is so easy to get on the wrong road and think that we are on the right one. When I was in the Army, they told us that one degree off on our lensatic compass for every one hundred meters would put us ten meters off our target. That being the case, at a thousand meters I would be off target one hundred meters or over a hundred yards off course. Do you see why Jesus tells us to consider our ways. By just participating in one certain event or watching one wrong movie, it may not appear harmful to you, but it could have an everlasting impact on your children and grandchildren's walk with God. Just one negative word about another person before your children or someone else could cause them to see that person in an evil light, and cause them breed hatred against that person in their heart. I think Solomon said it best when he cautioned us, "Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee. Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee. Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established. Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil" (Proverbs 4:23-27).
Sing: Amazing grace shall always be my song of praise, for it was grace, that bought my liberty, I do not know, just why He came to love me so, He looked beyond my faults and saw my need.
I shall forever lift my eyes to Calvary, to view the cross, where Jesus died for me; How marvelous, the grace that caught my falling soul, He looked beyond my faults and saw my need.

No comments:

Post a Comment