Wednesday, July 3, 2013

2013 July 3 - Morning Manna

"The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him"
(Lamentations 3:24-25). 
 
Today's Morsel:  As I read the Bible, my mind often wanders and I ponder over the  scripture and I image how long it must have been between different events and transitions.  Can you image being in captivity for 70 years or being held in bondage for over 430 years as Israel was.  I'm sure they never  thought that they would be delivered.  Sometimes, when I speak with men who are incarcerated or those who have been incarcerated about the time they have to do or have done, some of them have told me that they just had to be patient and learn how to wait.  Even Joseph, when he was incarcerated, had to learn how to wait.  Waiting can sometimes bring about hardship and depression if we do not have a relationship with the Lord.  But when Jesus is our portion and our hope, we will be able to endure until He makes us free and brings us to the place He desires us to be.  David said, "I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD" (Psalms 27:13-14).  The best thing about waiting is that it teaches you patience.
 
Sing: Learning to lean, I'm learning to lean, I'm learning to lean on Jesus, finding more power than I ever dreamed, I'm learning to lean on Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment