Saturday, July 13, 2013

2013 July 13 - Morning Manna


O Israel, trust thou in the LORD: he is their help and their shield. O house of Aaron, trust in the LORD: he is their help and their shield. Ye that fear the LORD, trust in the LORD: he is their help and their shield. The LORD hath been mindful of us: he will bless us; he will bless the house of Israel; he will bless the house of Aaron. He will bless them that fear the LORD, both small and great. The LORD shall increase you more and more, you and your children. Ye are blessed of the LORD which made heaven and earth.
(Psalms 115:9-15)
Today's Morsel: Probably,one of the most hurting feelings a person can experience is when they realize that someone they have confided and trusted in has lied to them or told others what they have said. One of the things I was told when I first started working in the prison was that you have to be careful what you say as you are dealing with cons, and that they will deceive you to make you think that they agree with what you are telling them. I even see this more and more in the church today than before. It just seems harder to trust people who say they are born again believers than before. As the old saying goes, "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." But the psalmist calls for us to trust in the Lord, because He will not fail us nor will He forsake us. He calls for the people of God to reverence God and to trust Him. You can be sure that God is not like other people. If we will put our trust in Him, He will not only protect us, but He will bless us and our children as well. People may betray us, but God is ever faithful. We can trust Him.
Sing: Jesus, I'm depending on You! Jesus, I'm depending on You! Jesus, I'm depending on You, depending on You, to see me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment