Wednesday, July 24, 2013

2013 July 24 - Morning Manna


"When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John, (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,) He left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee. And he must needs go through Samaria."
(John 4:1-4)
 
Today's Morsel: When I was in the army, my secretary would put 3x5 cards with my next day's agenda written on them on my desk so I would know where I needed to be and the appropriate time to be there. I always tried to stick to the agenda because others were depending on me. I knew their time was important as well, and so I always tried to stay on schedule. But sometimes, it was not possible to stay on schedule if I ran into a soldier that had problems and needed to talk with me. Then my agenda or schedule was scrubbed. The Bible said that Jesus' schedule was taking Him to Galilee, and the route He was on took Him through Samaria. While there, He encountered a woman that was not on His agenda as far as we can tell, but she, as well as the people of the city, were placed on His agenda and He spent two days with them ( John 4:40). I want you to know that today, you are on God's agenda and He's going to be passing your way (Luke 19:1-7). If it seems that He's running just a little behind schedule, "Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 10:35-11:1). If He doesn't get there when you think He should; don't worry and don't doubt, He'll get there according to His agenda.
Sing: We shall see the King. We shall see the King. We shall see the King when He comes. He's coming in His power, we'll hail the blessed hour. We shall see the King when He comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment