Monday, July 1, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 July 1

Nostalgia

 

“Who is left among you that saw this house in her first glory? and how do ye see it now? is it not in your eyes in comparison of it as nothing?” (Haggai 2:3)

 

Today’s Morsel: I am a man that loves history. “The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.” ― George Orwell. I love talking about my life as a young boy, where I grew up and where I lived. Every so often, I also like to look at the picture of the home where I lived in growing up. As I begin to reflect on the fun, meals, visitors, family time, and what my bedroom was like while living there, it always brings a smile to my face. Then I like to look at the plaque which my wife has on her wall of the Schloss, one of Adolf Hitler’s Officers Clubs in Wiesbaden, Germany, which our missionaries had turned into a church.  This was where I got baptized and received the Holy Ghost, and where I received my calling into the ministry. Somedays I just long to return to those places and turn back the hands of time and live through it all over again. The Lord told the prophet Haggai to ask “Who is left among you that saw this house in her first glory? and how do ye see it now? is it not in your eyes in comparison of it as nothing?” God’s call here, I believe, is to not forget your history. God said in comparison to what it was and what you see now, you may see it as nothing because it is old and rundown. But when we look back, we will see that God was with us, and that He is still with us.  Don’t let the devil destroy your history of where you came from and what God has done for you. When you go back or look back you can see that the hand of God has worked on your behalf through so many things.

 

Sing: When I look back over my life, and I think things over, I can truly say, that I’ve been blessed, I’ve got a testimony.

 

Thought For Today: Don’t ever forget where God has brought you from.

No comments:

Post a Comment