Monday, July 8, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 July 8

Building Off Other Momentum

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.” (John 14:12)

Today’s Morsel:  Scripture lets us know, through King Solomon there is nothing built, which has not already been and that there is no new thing under the sun (Eccl 1:9). Therefore, we must not think that we are starting from scratch and wanting to give ourselves all the credit. But we should see ourselves as building upon other’s foundation and momentum. This is why history is so important to us. In every country, we can see the sacrifices made by others for us, so that we could build upon their momentum and keep things go.  Jesus told His disciples that the works which He has done that they would do also; and greater works than those would they do. In other words, you are going to build upon what I have already started, and you are going to do so much greater than what I’ve done while here on the earth. And scriptures say they turned their world upside down. What legacy are you going to leave for others to build upon? Don’t go to your grave having not accomplished anything or leaving nothing for others to build upon. Use your talents and abilities for the kingdom of God so that others can build upon your momentum.

Sing: Well, I’m working, working on the building, it’s a true foundation, I’m holding up the blood-stained banner for my Lord. Well, I never get tired, tired of working on the building; I’m going up to heaven to get my rewards.

Thought For Today: “And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.” (Acts 2:42)

No comments:

Post a Comment