Thursday, July 25, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 July 25

Hearing and Seeing

“The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, the LORD hath made even both of them.” (Proverbs 20:12)

Today’s Morsel: The ability to maintaining character, happiness, and peace in your life rests with your ability to hear and see. God has given us ears to hear and eyes to see. But sadly, some folks do not use either to better themselves. Let me share with you two examples:  “For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.” (Isaiah 28:11-12); “Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.” (Jeremiah 6:16)   Notice, their rest was predicated upon their ability to hear and see, and they rejected God’s instructions for their rest. Isaiah is a good example for us to emulate when it comes to hearing and seeing. Notice what he says: “In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke. Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts. Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged. Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.” (Isaiah 6:1-8). He heard, he saw, and he went when God said Go. Our ears and eyes are given to improve upon our character.  Don’t allow the world to blind and deafen you to what God is showing and telling you to do.

Sing: I heard an old, old, story, how a Savior came from glory, how He gave His life on Calvary to save a wretch like me. I heard about His groaning, of His precious blood’s atoning, then I repented of my sins, and won the victory. 

O, victory in Jesus, my Savior forever. He sought me and He brought me with His redeeming blood. He loved me ere I knew Him, and all my love is due Him. He plunged me to victory, beneath the cleansing flood. 

Thought For Today: “Oh that my people had hearkened unto me, and Israel had walked in my ways! I should soon have subdued their enemies, and turned my hand against their adversaries.” (Psalms 81:13-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment